Welcome to douglas lake
canada's largest working cattle ranch
The Douglas Lake Ranch known as "Canada's Largest Working Cattle Ranch" not only boasts this incredible title, but also boasts some of North America's premier fly fishing for Kamloops Rainbow Trout. Sprawled out in the interior of British Columbia with over half a million acres of protected and managed land mass, the Ranch has also held a long time reputation in the Fly Fishing and Accommodation world.
Spring Stillwater Fly Fishing School at Stoney Lake
Secure you spot today for the ultimate 3 day getaway!
- COURSE DETAILS + BOOKING INFO
2013 Spring Stillwater Fly Fishing School
This 3 day course includes a blend of classroom instruction with on the water practice and fish catching sessions.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to lake biology, seasons of a lake
- Equipment we use – fly rods, reels, lines and how it all fits together
- Trout food sources, what they are and how we imitate them
- Basic fly fishing knots
- Fly casting instruction
- Fly fishing strategies for the most common trout food sources
- Handling fish for live release
- Setting up your fly fishing boat – essential tools and gadgets
This is a hands on weekend with ample time for questions and also spending time on the water with Brian and Kathy. It is a perfect learning environment for couples. Participants will come away with a solid basis of how to fly fish lakes with emphasis on how to cast, identifying what the trout are eating and how to select the proper fly lines, flies and fishing tactics to consistently catch fish.
$799.00 per/person, based on double occupancy.